31 August 2012 - 9:56 am

Will you tweet off?

For a long while, I have been bugged by Samantha Deakin to get a Twitter profile. It began to get vicious when #lizree was born and then a campaign began to get stronger… After a few months, I finally succumbed to the pressure and signed onto Twitter. This is the ups and down of my first week of Twitter…

The setup..

Ok, the first thing you need to do is find a name…. Liz Taylor (taken), Elizabeth Taylor (taken), ET (taken), ET Phone home (taken) … arrugh. It took me ages to get a name which I was happy with-@AliveLizTaylor

Right who do I want to follow- @StephenFry,@MrsStephenFry and of course @UShefEnterprise. Who do I already know on Twitter and add them, and that was it, I was off.

What will you tweet?

Let’s go…

For those of you who aren’t on Twitter, it basically works like a status update on Facebook. You get 140 characters to say what you want to tweet and then with a click of a button, your tweet is in online for everyone to see. Don’t worry, if you are worried about having to put statuses on both Twitter and Facebook- you can link the two together and then this is one less thing to worry about.

What do you want to tweet about? You will be really surprised what you end up talking about on Twitter. This week besides enterprise related things, I have been talking about Game of Thrones , 50 Shades of Grey , 50 sheds of grey, been giving health advice and giving recipes (which is hard in 140 characters).

The verdict…

Twitter is so easy and straight forward. It is a great way to keep up to date with the latest goings on throughout the world in a very different way to Facebook. However, I think it works better if you already know people on Twitter that you can follow rather than just a random set of celebrities.

If you are still unsure about joining Twitter/ how to work it- there is a really good book called How to leave Twitter- My time as queen of the Universe  by Grace Dent which will be able to give you a load of tips on the social networking site as well as some rather good anecdotes…

Don’t forget to Tweet me @AliveLizTaylor!

One comment

1. First of all, we were never ‘vicious.’ We only ever said nice things about you. Second of all, you shouldn’t be linking your tweets to your Facebook! Very bad practice, Liz Ree. Tut tut