17 June 2013 - 9:40 am

The BIG Awards are back!

The BIG Awards are back for 2013 and the countdown to submission closure has begun with 4 days to go.

big awards

The BIG Awards aims to recognise and support the up and coming people of the future whether they be: innovators, entrepreneurs and early-stage startup businesses. If you are seeking investment and support to develop your ideas then this is the competition for you, where not only could you have the opportunity to win a share of the $250,000 prize you will receive access to assistance by Cisco technology to business development as well as the potential to gain extra investment and partnering in the future.

The competition runs in four categories:

1.Internet of Everything

2.Big Data

3.Mobility

4.Collaboration.

For more information about what each category entails please use the hyperlinks to watch the instruction videos.

Submission to the competition are only accepted between 20 March and 21 June 2013 so there is not much longer to go. It is also important to know that there are three phases to the competition: Semi-finals (20 ideas chosen), Finals (6 ideas chosen) and Grand prizes will be awarded to the 3 best ideas.

The way the competition works is that you enter your idea online and then the public, family and friends can vote for your idea, where the top 2 ideas go through to the semi-finals automatically and the 18 others are decided by the judges at the BIG Awards.

Please thoroughly read the terms and conditions before entering the competition. A few important points to note to begin however are: the competition is open to UK registered organisations, companies and UK residents aged 18 years or older, the competition operates under UK Law and is conducted in English and finally Cisco reserves the right to reject any entrant or entry (For example, they specifically prohibit ideas related to issues of national security and defence.)