6 November 2014 - 5:17 pm

Want a pizza the action?

If there is a food that shouts enterprise, it must be pizza. Why you ask? Well, you can develop a good base of skills, have a multitude of toppings (allowing you to develop your creativity ), and it is very shareable (so you can develop your communication and people skills) .

Umm…Tasty!

OK, I might be clutching at straws here, but pizza is our favourite food down here at USE. In fact, we like it so much, we even run a pizza based enterprise game which promises to make your mouth water. Our business simulation game, aptly named The Pizza Game, allows you to work in teams to run your own pizzeria competitively against three other teams. You will have to look at location, your pricing strategy, marketing strategy and really think who your target market is. Don’t worry if you aren’t a Business Management student, this activity is open to all and can really help non business specialists to get to grips with basic business concepts in a really interesting and fun way.

Want to play our game and have a munch on pizza at the same time? We are offering our Pizza Party as part of the Give it A Go (GIAG) programme which is based in the Students’ Union. It will be taking place between 4-6.30pm on the 20th November  in The Octagon Council Chambers Room. Tickets are priced at £3 which includes pizza (and a few other nibbles). For more information and to buy a ticket, check out the Pizza Party website.

If you haven’t ever done a GIAG activity, get involved. I am currently unbelievably jealous that I can’t go as a member of staff to these events and they didn’t have anything like this whilst I was a student. It’s a great opportunity to try something new, develop some skills and meet some new people. You have got the opportunity to go chocolate tasting, go for a ghost walk (which might be wise after the chocolate tasting) or even have a go at bee keeping. The list goes on and on (as I am looking at this, the more I think that I might have to do a masters in order to do some of this really interesting stuff). Activities start from 50p, check out the GIAG website for a full list of activities.

Thanks to Kasey Shuler for the use of the image