22 December 2014 - 5:14 pm

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

It’s that time of year again, the time when everyone starts getting festive and this leads to some super creative things appearing in homes. Whether you love creating beautiful handmade decorations and cards or are just a bit skint – making decorations and presents can result in some lovely creations.

WP_20141216_001 (1)We have a lovely Christmas tree in one of our rooms at home but that was about the extent of our decorations this year, so we decided we wanted to extend our decorations to our music room, and my partner had the bright idea of stacking his drums up to make a drum Christmas tree. Looks pretty cool if I do say so myself. So take a look at these creative Christmas trees on student beans made from books, corks and bottles among other things. We had a go here at USE with some of the things that were lying around. Let us know what you think! I’m not sure it rivals the Jack Daniels barrel tree in London, but a good effort I think.WP_20141216_006

Another thing I like to do at Christmas is build gingerbread/biscuit houses… now I must admit, I have be known to cheat and buy a kit because when I made it myself I did not measure the dimensions accurately and ended up with a slightly lopsided house, but it’s the thought that counts!