Check out the vacancy details below if you think you’d like to be next year’s Part Time Marketing Intern at USE
Contact Name Samantha Deakin, Marketing Co-ordinator
Organisation Name University of Sheffield Enterprise
The Enterprise Zone
Telephone 0114 2224034
Website address www.sheffield.ac.uk/enterprise
Brief description of the organisation
University of Sheffield Enterprise helps students and graduates to ‘make their ideas happen.’ We run events and competitions to improve their skills and, where appropriate, help students and graduates to start their own businesses/social enterprises. We work closely with academics to develop enterprise in the curriculum so that all students have access to enterprise education.
Employers Liability Insurance? Yes
Vacancy Details – Enterprise Marketing Intern
Job Title: Marketing Intern (1 position)
Job Description: This internship will give you the opportunity to improve your marketing and creativity skills in an exciting and fast-paced environment. The purpose of this internship is to assist the Marketing Co-ordinator in increasing and maximising awareness of USE within the University and beyond.
COMMUNICATION AND PR
- To contribute to the University of Sheffield Enterprise award-winning blog and to write copy for the website as required.
- To maintain an effective presence on social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- To maintain the University of Sheffield Enterprise photo library
- To assist with development of press releases and communications materials
- To assist with creation and distribution of newsletters and promotional items.
EVENTS AND PROJECTS
- To assist with University of Sheffield Enterprise events and campaigns e.g. Skill Build, Social Innovation Lab, Startup Weekend, Enterprising Ideas Competition, etc.
- To give support to third party events, fairs, and exhibitions, which may include attendance as a University of Sheffield Enterprise representative
- To undertake and manage your own specific projects whose objectives have a specific benefit to the marketing function
ADMINISTRATION AND AMBASSADORSHIP
There will be a limited (around 25%) role in ambassadorship for the Marketing Intern, which involves maintaining some of the Enterprise Zone reception and support services
- Act as a first point of contact for students interested in enterprise
- Greet students entering the Enterprise Zone building and respond to all enquiries
- Deal with all emails, replying, forwarding, recording and disseminating information as necessary
- Answer phone calls, responding to enquiries and taking and passing on accurate messages as required
- Record information about student enquiries as required
- Front-of-house duties at the Enterprise Zone
- Greet internal and external guests and maintain signing in procedures
- Record and confirm room bookings
- Deal with the collection and delivery of internal and external mail, including advising student businesses of mail ready for collection
- Ensure the Enterprise Zone is open and available to be used by visitors by 9am
- Record information as required
- Keep the Enterprise Zone tidy and ready for use, and keep the kitchen area tidy
- Work within the USE customer service standards
- To attend intern team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested.
Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Marketing Co-ordinator.
Training will be given on key elements of the Ambassadorship, including blogging. Training on the other areas will be via a close supervisory link to the Marketing Co-ordinator, who will hold regular one-to-one meetings with you.
Is this opportunity self-employed? No
Hours/Days of work
30 hours per month to be worked during 9-5 Monday-Friday during term time unless otherwise instructed and notice given. Hours will be flexible and worked around the student timetable. The student intern team will be responsible for ensuring that the Enterprise Zone reception is covered at busy times. Contracts will be made on a 0 hour basis, however, USE commits to providing a full 30 hours per month. On some occasions more hours may be necessary.
Start and end dates
Successful applicants must attend the training on the 17th and 18th September 2015. Regular duties will commence at the beginning of the 2015-16 academic year and finish in May 2016. Please note if you cannot attend the training, you will not be able to be employed.
You MUST be available to attend the USE staff away day- date to be confirmed.
Temporary or permanent: Temporary
USE is looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual seeking to gain an insight into the marketing function of an enterprising department within a top University.
In this role you will provide valuable marketing support to a small and very dynamic team and will be comfortable carrying out routine tasks individually and as part of a team. There will also be the opportunity to carry out specific projects for the right person.
A confident communicator, you will be happy to liaise with students, academics and external stakeholder, and will use your creativity to help with marketing, communications and activities.
A passion for enterprise and entrepreneurship and a strong interest in higher education would be a distinct advantage in addition to any knowledge of online, digital, and video media channels.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Good research and internet skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Previous marketing, copywriting or events experience
- Experience of web updating using a content management system
- Knowledge of a graphic design software
- Interest in enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Industry
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview in May.
Vacancies are open to UoS students from all faculties who will be studying at UoS during the 2014-15 academic year.
£8.02 per hour.
How to apply
Please send a full CV together with a detailed covering letter explaining why you would like to be considered for this role to email@example.com.
Monday 11th May 2015.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview on the 22nd May 2015