7 July 2017 - 4:44 pm

Final Thoughts (Work Experience – Day 5)

I will find it hard when I return to school next week, because I know that nothing I will do at school will compare to how incredible this week has been. Thanks to everybody that works at the USE and Corporate Communications, I have had a taste of what a job will be like, and there has not been any part of this experience that I won’t take around me wherever I go. I have excellent supervisors to guide me through anything I struggled with, but they also gave me a lot of independence, which is arguably more important than guidance. No matter where I go or what I do, I will show any future employers my two fantastic reports and be proud.

I am not going to go into detail about what I have done during my week, as you can read about it in my other blogs if you want to (shameless plug right there) but it is not an understatement to say that I will never forget this week. Everything about the week has been great, everyone here was very friendly and helpful whenever I needed anything no matter how big or small the issue was. I have been given the opportunity to work in several different branches of the USE, including talking to real entrepreneurs, working with the evolve team and (my personal favourite part) writing online blogs. I also worked quite closely with the University of Sheffield’s social media accounts, which I felt was a privilege as I was trusted with the account with no problems.

If you wish to read more about the brilliant week that I have had, you can click here to see my other blogs. You may also want to read more about what USE do, and so if you click here then you will be taken to the USE homepage.

I would once again like to thank the whole team at USE and at Corporate Communications for making my time so amazing, it was everything that I could have dreamed of and more!