9 March 2018 - 9:32 am

Enterprise Education: Enterprise 101

My interest in Enterprise was sparked when I started my undergraduate degree at The University of Sheffield. I was continuously reminded of the importance of developing enterprise skills and usefulness of these to my university & career life. As an Enterprise Intern at USE, I have been motivated to develop an interactive workshop to help students understand the importance of integrating enterprise into education. I challenged myself to break out of my comfort zone, and you should do the same!

Enterprising is all about seizing opportunities and making the most of them. It is often associated with the words; Ambition, Creativity, Dynamism, Initiative, Resourcefulness and the list goes on! You can get a head-start on acquiring Enterprise Skills by:

• Attending workshops & events – Events like Skill Build are aimed at supporting the development of your Enterprise & Entrepreneurship skills, and they look impressive on your CV too!
  • Entering competitions – Challenge yourself and explore new activities such as The Pitch Club, The University Business Challenge and many more!
  • Joining university societies – The University of Sheffield has 300+ student societies  where you can develop your enterprising skills and widen your networks in the process!

There’s something for everyone, and implementing these soft skills provides a great starting point to enhance your employability!

Practice your Enterprise skills at Enterprise 101! The University of Sheffield Enterprise is offering a FREE workshop on Wednesday 18th April 2018. It’s centered around developing & strengthening valuable enterprising skills. This event is open to all students from all disciplines, so take this opportunity to shine!

Let’s all be PRO Enterprise!

Sign up for the workshop at: http://enterprise.shef.ac.uk/event/enterprise-101