11 June 2018 - 3:22 pm

Got the skills to make your campus smarter?

Are you good with technology? Can you make things happen with Raspberry PI, Arduino, Micro:Bit and sensors? Then you might like the idea of spending a week in August thinking up clever ways of making the university campus smarter and in the process making life easier for your fellow students – and give yourself the chance of winning up to a grand in prize money in the process.

Our Digital Directors of Learning and Teaching are looking for up to six teams, each made up of 2-4 people, to join teams from universities all over the country who will build and test tools to create the campus of the future at the Intelligent Campus Hackathon hosted by Jisc.
It’s completely free to attend – all your accommodation, expenses and equipment will be covered, and your team could win up to £1,000 in prizes.
The hackathon takes place in Birmingham between 6 – 10 August. You can find full details here.
If you’re a current student at TUoS and you’re interested, please complete this form by 20 June 2018: