Startup Weekend: Music & Literature
Do you have the next Goodreads, Spotify or SoundCloud in your head?
Well, let it out!
Love it or hate it, technology and entrepreneurship are disrupting the music and literature industries. From the way we consume music and literature to the way it is created, produced and sold, they have all been affected by increasingly frequent new inventions. Will yours be the next big thing?
It’s your chance to be part of something disruptive that shakes up the music and literature industries with a new idea that can be coded, designed, developed or built. Musicians, writers, developers, entrepreneurs – join forces and launch a startup in just 54 hours.
Startup Weekends are weekend-long, hands-on experiences beginning with open mic pitches on Friday. Bring your best ideas and inspire others to join your team. Over Saturday and Sunday teams focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing Lean Startup techniques and building a minimal viable product. On Sunday evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
There are dozens of reasons why you should come to a Startup Weekend, including:
- Learning through the act of creating
- Building your network
- Finding someone you can actually launch a startup with
- Learning a new skill and stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Getting face time with people who can help make your idea happen
- With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, this Startup Weekend is the perfect opportunity to build a team to launch the app that will overtake Shazam, or build the team that will launch the next Goodreads.
At Startup Weekend Sheffield, we’re known for bringing together creative problem solvers, critical thinkers, and technical talent to take great ideas from concept to reality. These exciting weekend experiences foster great teams, high energy, and new ideas in health, transport, education, social and more. Now, we want to do the same for music and literature. Join us!
For full schedule information, please visit up.co/sheffield
- 26 June 2015 6:00 pm
- 28 June 2015 9:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- Startup Weekend
- Enterprise Zone
- 210 Portobello Sheffield, S1 4AE United Kingdom
- UP Global